I bought this car as a rolling shell in May of 2017. It had brand new professionally installed sheet metal everywhere and had been undercoated. There was no rust anywhere. First, I took the car apart until it was just the rear shell. Next, my talented painter took each piece separately and did final body work and painted it all with the best PPG you can buy. In the meantime I bought a freshly built, never run all-aluminum 6.2 LS3. It was bored .010 with new pistons, all bearings and seals. The heads were also gone through and given new valves and springs. I took the heads off to inspect the engine and also to install a beefy Comp cam. I alsopicked up a gently used 6L80 6-speed automatic trans. The fluid was nice and clean and showed no signs of wear. The rear end is a built Dana 60 (full posi) and came with the car when I bought it. It also came with a Slide-A-Link Competition Engineering rear end set up, never opened. I built this car to be whatever you want it to be. You can take it to the race track or diner, or both in the same night. With ice cold AC from Vintage Air you can cruise in any weather. It has an F1 style paddle shifter by PSI conversions. You can leave it in auto and drive normal, or pull the shifter back one notch and shift manually. The small display in the center of the steering wheel not only displays your gear selection, but can also providetons of live engine and trans data. The Dakota Digital gauges get their data from an OBD interface module and can display even more information. They also have abuilt in 0-60 timer as well as a ¼ mile timer. This hot rod was built completely brand new from the ground up. Here is a rundown of what is on the car, just off the top of my head:
• Completely new interior with custom console and aftermarket front seats, which do recline and adjust.
• New front and rear glass with all new trim.
• An in-tank fuel pump that’s not noisy, housed in a new fuel tank.
• New subframe connectors.
• Headman headers with a full 3-inch exhaust that passes through a set of Flowmasters before dumping in front of the rear end.
• Brand new wheels and Firestone tires. Rears are 18×10, fronts are 17×8.
• New K&N intake system.
• New aluminum radiator with an ECM controlled electric fan. The coolant never goes above 195 degrees.
• Completely new Painless Wiring harness throughout the car.
• Custom made engine harness by PSI conversions.
• LED tail lights with all brand new housings.
• Braking and handling is provided by Wilwood and includes 4-wheel discs, a master cylinder with vacuum booster and integrated proportioning valve, and suspension has been upgraded to tubular control arms.
Spring, Texas, United States